St Clement Danes School Parents' Association is a thriving and successful organisation which aims to raise additional funds for the school, principally by holding a number of fundraising events during the school year. The Association is run by a dedicated committee of volunteers who meet monthly during term time. Parents and carers of children joining St Clement Danes School automatically become members of the Parents' Association. Any parent may attend meetings, whether or not they are members of the committee. Parents are most welcome, of course, to join the committee; we welcome fresh ideas and new perspectives on our fundraising efforts. Contact us at email@example.com if you feel you can offer a hand at any event, big or small.
Among the annual events organised by the Parents' Association are the Comedy Night (October) Christmas Market (November) and the Quiz Night (February). They also run Second Hand Uniform Sales twice each year. The PA are looking for a new, exciting event to take place annually in March.
The Parents' Association have moved with the times and are delighted that they are now able to offer parents www.scdpaevents.co.uk as the way forward in making online bookings. This can be used for everything from purchasing Year 7 maths sets to booking tickets for the many events that they offer. Current events can be seen in the Parents' Association Events page which can be accessed by clicking here. Throughout the year, parents will also see PA members serving tea and coffee at parents' evenings and running the bar for the three concerts held by the music department.
We also hold a Monthly Subscription Draw with prizes awarded monthly, quarterly and annually at Christmas totalling each year over £4000.
In the past 5 years, we have donated over £105,000 to the school which has funded various improvements including a new audio-visual system for the Barbirolli Hall, a computer system for the Learning Resource Centre, landscaping, an external canopy and an outside table tennis table, extra seating in the front of the school and games area and a defibrilator. We have also been able to secure the acquisition of a new minibus from a local charity valued at around £30,000.
During 2017-18 we have funded the following:
- A sound and lighting system upgrade for the Barbirolli Hall (50% jointly funded with the Anchor Fund)
- Entrance to the Shakespeare Schools Festival 2018/19 for the Drama Department
- Set of Target Grade 5 books for Year 10 & 11 students in the Geography Department
- A3 Whiteboards, DNA Kits and play balls for the Biology Department
- 3 indoor table tennis tables for the PE Department
- KS3 and 4 History Revision Materials
- Maths textbooks for lower ability students in Year 7
- Drama playscripts about drink driving for Year 9 students
- PE fitness tracking equipment for KS3 students
- Year 7 & 8 girls' football kit for the PE Department
- Visualiser Camera for REPs Department
The Parents’ Association has a Facebook page which is regularly updated and can be accessed here. To contact the committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or for further details about the Monthly Subscription Draw, please email email@example.com.