Higher Education & Careers
St. Clement Danes provides high quality, individualised support and advice for all students about Further Education, Higher Education and Careers, with great success. Regularly, 80% of our Year 13 students gain places at University, with the vast majority of other students gaining entrance onto a chosen alternative, whether this be employment or an alternative Higher Education pathway.
The Sixth Form at St. Clement Danes boasts a team of dedicated staff who guide students in their Higher Education applications. Miss Ryan (Director of Sixth Form and Assistant Headteacher), Mr Turner (Assistant Director of Sixth Form) and Mrs. Edwards (Assistant Director of Sixth Form) oversee the process from student research into courses and institutions at the beginning of Year 12 to accepting offers at the end of Year 13. UCAS application information is delivered to students through a programme of meetings, Personal Development sessions and outside speakers.
Students in Year 11 or 13 who prefer to follow a route of employment or apprenticeship or further education are supported through the application process by the school’s Careers Team led by Mrs Payne.
Sixth Form students also have the following opportunities made available to them:
- a series of Personal Development sessions dedicated to post-SCD options and workplace topics and skills
- external speakers from a range of professional backgrounds
- Business Mentoring for selected students: 6-8 sessions with one of our Business mentors, professionals from a range of companies and institutions who come into school to provide advice and guidance about the world of work
- Work shadowing days for Year 12 students
- Morrisby profiling- psychometric testing for career aptitudes, with follow-up interviews
- Interview Forum- an opportunity for all of our Year 12 students to have a practice higher education/workplace interview
The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) is the centralised service that students will use to apply to university. For more background information about the process of applying to Higher Education, the easy to navigate site linked to below will have all the latest news and guidance provided by UCAS. The St Clement Danes’ Guide to Higher Education is also available to download at the bottom of this page.
|Higher Education & Careers||Date|
|UCAS and Post SCD options 2016 17.pdf||27th Jan 2017||Download|
|Post SCD Options 2017 8 Parent Guide.pdf||27th Jan 2017||Download|
|Morrisby Testing Letter 2018||10th Sep 2018||Download|
|Morrisby Application form 2018.doc||10th Sep 2018||Download|
|Careers Strategy Provider Access Statement SCD.pdf||01st May 2018||Download|
|Careers Programme 2018.pdf||22nd Jun 2018||Download|
|Careers Policy SCD||22nd Jun 2018||Download|