Higher Education & Careers
St. Clement Danes provides high quality, individualised support and advice for Sixth Form students about Higher Education and Careers, with great success: regularly, 80% of our Year 13 students gain places at University, with the vast majority of other students gaining entrance onto a chosen alternative, whether this be employment or an alternative Higher Education pathway.
The Sixth Form at St. Clement Danes boasts a team of dedicated staff who guide students in their Higher Education applications. Mr. Garvey (Director of Sixth Form), Miss Brogan (Assistant Headteacher) and Mrs. Hawkins (Deputy Director of Sixth Form) oversee the process from student research into courses and institutions at the beginning of Year 12 to accepting offers at the end of Year 13. UCAS application information is delivered to students through a programme of evening and lunchtime meetings, Personal Development sessions and outside speakers.
Students who prefer to follow a route of employment or apprenticeship will be supported through the application process by the school’s Careers Co-ordinator, Mrs Payne.
Sixth Form students also have the following opportunities made available to them:
- a series of Personal Development sessions dedicated to post-SCD options and workplace topics and skills
- external speakers from a range of professional backgrounds
- Business Mentoring for selected students: 6-8 sessions with one of our Business mentors, professionals from a range of companies and institutions who come into school to provide advice and guidance about the world of work
- Work shadowing days for Year 12 students
- Morrisby profiling- psychometric testing for career aptitudes, with follow-up interviews
- Interview Forum- an opportunity for all of our Year 12 students to have a practice higher education/workplace interview
The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) is the centralised service that students will use to apply to university. For more background information about the process of applying to Higher Education, the easy to navigate site linked to below will have all the latest news and guidance provided by UCAS. The St Clement Danes’ Guide to Higher Education is also available to download at the bottom of this page.